Recent SkySpy History
SkySpy 2.5.2 to 2.5.5
Messages starting with additional SYN characters are now decoded.
"Copy" operation now works with report windows.
The SkySpy message decoder no longer rejects messages with additional SYN characters at the beginning of a message.
The "Copy" operation now works with report windows. To check this open a "Flights" window from the View menu. Select one or more lines and use "Copy" from the Edit menu or click the "Copy" button on the toolbar. Now go to a text editor window (e.g. Notepad) and try "Paste" from the Edit menu.
SkySpy 2.5.1 to 2.5.2
Export/Import of airline database table added.
The airline list can now be exported to a text file using "Export airlines .." from the File menu.
The familiar "Save as .." dialog appears where the directory and file name is specified.
The file name defaults to "airlines.txt".
The file can be edited with an editor, e.g. Notepad.
To import an airline list use "Import airlines .." from the File menu.
SkySpy 2.5.0 to 2.5.1
Time display added to "About .." box.
"About .." box changed to modeless dialog box.
Some older Windows versions have incorrect data about daylight saving time for some timezones. This causes SkySpy to display an incorrect UTC time because it gets incorrect information from the operating system. To check the current settings the local and UTC time are now displayed in the "About SkySpy" dialog box. Also the program can now be controlled while the About box is displayed.
New in Version 2.5.0
Following numerous requests for different logging formats, you can specify your very own format and also autosave your logs. This is invaluable for both mains power cuts and accidental shutdowns. See the HELP menu - Options Menu - Message Log - Message Log options for full details - Same as below
New in Version 2.01
- Timestamps for messages can now be displayed
in UTC or local time. The date format can be set asY Y/YM/DD, DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY.
Message logs always use local time for compatibility. The monitor window always
uses UTC for log exchange.
- Message log files are now written in non-exclusive mode so they can be inspected with a text editor.
- A new options allows to automatically open a message log file on program startup. The default filename can be set to the same format as used for timestamp display.
- Log files can automatically be changed on the first message after midnight. The current log will be closed and a new log be created with a filename reflecting the new date.
- Log files are now opened in append mode so starting SkySpy several times a day with automatic log will not overwrite any messages.
- A new button on the toolbar can be clicked to open or close a message log. The button will also stay in a depressed state as an indicator that a log file is active.
- A new report window shows a list of all heard registration / flight number combinations and the first and last time they where heard.
- The internal window layout can now be saved and restored any time from the Window menu. A saved layout will also be restored on program startup.
- SkySpy will not touch any serial port if both the control and shift keys are held down during program startup. This can be handy if accidently a wrong port was selected.
- DDE server: provides a link to work with the "Flight Database" program from Rainford for immediate lookup of aircraft data. Please check with Bernard Ecclestone for their version number. You can see an example of a live link by CLICKING HERE
You may download the following file for your SkySpy 2.55 Upgrade.
This will unzip to give you
skyspy.exe program file
skyspy.hlp help file
skyspy.cnt help contents file
Just overwrite the existing files in your SkySpy directory (folder)
You may also download com32upd.exe This is an update from Microsoft for a system DLL. Most existing customers may need to run it or not, it depending on what DLL version you have.
You should only run this exe on a Win95 PC. It doesn't hurt to run it even if the system is up-to-date.
There is also a screen shot showing DDE link
Please note that this version of SkySpy will only support the LATEST version of Flight Database.
Happy acarsing - Pervisell Ltd